– 115 grams butter – 75 grams caster sugar – 75 grams soft brown sugar – 1 teaspoon vanilla – 1 egg - large – 1 teaspoon red food colouring – 200 grams white chocolate chips/discs – 235 grams plain flour – 3 teaspoons baking powder – ½ teaspoons salt
1. Place the butter (soft enough to cream by hand but not melted) in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until partially creamed. Then add the sugars, and salt and cream together with a wooden spoon.
2. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and red food colouring. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. 3. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to a large sieve and sieve over the mixture. Stir in the flour until just mixed.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a kitchen scale, weigh out 6 to 7 balls of dough weighing 100 - 110 grams each. Pack them gently into a ball, without making the cookies too smooth. Then dot the tops of the ball with your extra white chocolate chips. Place the cookie dough balls on the sheet and place them into the fridge for at least 90 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 °C or 180°C fan, with the baking rack on the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone baking mat. Place about 3 to 5 cookies (depending on the size of your oven and tray) at least 10cm apart. Gently tent the cookies with foil and bake for 13-15 minutes.